Sunday, December 6, 2009

my favorite cabled beanie (at least at the moment)

this was my first cabled hat. come to think of it, its my only cabled hat. i am actually in the process of another cabled pattern right now, but other than that, this is the only one. not sure why i haven't done more because i loooove doing cables. i just love the endless patterns that can be made and i love how a simple little technique can make something look so intricate and complicated. i made this at the tail end of last winter and only wore it a couple of times. but, this year its been my staple and i think i've had it on my head almost every day since the cold blew in. its really really thick and warm and i think pretty darn cute too.

pattern: i have no idea? i have a photocopy of a pattern that i think i got at a yarn store in salt lake city. there is no identifying info. about where it came from. looks like its from a magazine though.
yarn: debbie bliss, cashmerino, 55% merino wool, 33% microfibre, 12% cashmere
weight: superchunky
color: 16025 (yummy chocolate brown, which is also my favorite color . . . at least at the moment)



1 comment:

  1. Do you think you can e-mail me a copy of this pattern? It's so cute!! I want one, and I might be able to make it myself... I'll sure try!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete