Sunday, December 6, 2009

felted purse for heather

this was my first felting project. i had started the slippers and was frustrated and wanted to do something simpler and easier to distract myself for a while. and this was definitely it. took no time to get going and though there is a basic pattern, you can do whatever you want with the body of the bag. i wasn't sure what i was going to do with this when i was making it, but i decided to give it to my little brother's girlfriend as a christmas present last year.

pattern: sadly, i just looked for it, and i don't seem to have it anymore. i got it from my friend tracie and it was a photo copy. (tracie if you're reading, let me know where this pattern came from if you could) there are a ton of felted bag patterns out there though so it wouldn't be hard to find something similar. this one uses an i-cord for the straps, which is common for most patterns i've seen.
yarn: brown sheep, lamb's pride, 85% wool, 15% mohair
colors: main m-290 sliver streaks at nite, stripes m-23 fuchsia & m-190 jaded dreams


i still can't get over how cool it is after it felts. i love it!
my mom helped me sew a liner in as well . . . though i would love to be able to sew, it definitely comes much harder to me than knitting. not sure how many of my bags will end up lined in the future. but, this one turned out beautifully, complete with inside pockets.



1 comment:

  1. Finally checking back in and reading (doozy of a fall and winter, we'll talk when you come back up)...its a fiber trends pattern, city shoulder bag I believe is the name. Great pattern, I've used it quite alot. good luck with your surgery and looking forward to seeing you and catching up when you return!

    ReplyDelete